Menu

Omnibus: How do you use it and...

how does it work?

Is the Teacher Text the same as the Student text, but with all the answers?

What is in the CD?

Can you get away with using just the Teacher text?

Are there any other samples besides the one from Genesis in Omnibus 1 that is on the website?

Any info. about this and how you use it in your homeschool would be great!

Thank you,

~Sabrina in NY

how does it work?

Is the Teacher Text the same as the Student text, but with all the answers?

What is in the CD?

Can you get away with using just the Teacher text?

Are there any other samples besides the one from Genesis in Omnibus 1 that is on the website?

Any info. about this and how you use it in your homeschool would be great!

Thank you,

~Sabrina in NY

The teacher's textbook is on the CD--it is not in book form. So if you buy the book with CD, you get all you need. On the CD is everything that is in the student book PLUS all the answers.

We do not use all the books each year, but I pick and choose. We read the intro to each literature selection in the student book, then we do the assignments--many times I give my son twice as much time to read the assighments since we do our own history separately and I am not giving 3 credits of classwork for the book. I pick and choose which if the writing assignments we do as well since I do a separate writing/grammar program. Sometimes I print the answers off onto paper; other times I just put the CD into my computer to see how my son's answers compare to the authors'. Ds writes the answers to the questions in his notebook and then he tells me his answers orally as we discuss.

I use other lit books along with Omnibus because I want to cover more of a variety of lit.

I like the book.

J

Your replies were very helpful. I did not realize the teacher's book was all on CD. I would much prefer it to be a book. Everything seems to be on CDs these days. I guess it saves paper, but in that case it should be less expensive!

It looks good, though!

Thank you!

Blessings,

~Sabrina

book list

weekly schdule

lessons plans

text plus questions and answers

several midterms

finals

and some game cards/gameboards for a few activities

I am trying to learn this board myself! I found the red (duh) "search" button on the upper right corner and did a search for "Omnibus" and it came up with a lot of leads....scroll down on one post and you'll find similar ones.

We use Omnibus; great for a 12yo.

Cathy