Menu

I got a creepy, anyonymous letter in the mail...

I used to work at a small office supply store, and people would come in to have copies made. This guy came in with pages and pages of handwritten stuff he wanted copied, but I wasn't supposed to read it because I was a woman. I assured him I wouldn't, but of course snuck peeks at it. It just went on and on about religious gobbledy-gook. Weird stuff, like the guy was writing his own Bible or something. You probably got the letter from him. :D

Sarah, I think you should consider telling your neighbors about the note and asking them if they have gotten anything similar or seen anything weird. Let them know that you have taken it to the police. That way they can be looking out for you, too. And on the off chance that it is someone from your neighborhood, I think the more people who know that you consulted the police, the better.

Sarah, I think you should consider telling your neighbors about the note and asking them if they have gotten anything similar or seen anything weird. Let them know that you have taken it to the police. That way they can be looking out for you, too. And on the off chance that it is someone from your neighborhood, I think the more people who know that you consulted the police, the better.

Sounds like excellent advice to me. A neighbor who knows is likely to view a strange car driving down the road,etc. differently than one who doesn't.

:iagree:

Let's hope that anyone else who recieved such a gross letter turned it in as well. Peretti wrote a book where 'all the trouble started' with some wierdo making shots in the dark. Sometimes they hit their target. I think there was a Ms. Marple like this too. Not that it helps you any, but they both said that the people doing this sort of thing have no idea what they're talking about, they just hope to hit the nail on the head on accident.

:grouphug:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

And thank you for updating.

two things:

if your alarm system doesn't have a panic button for you to carry with you while you are home, then i would get one.

and

i would set the door and window part of the alarm when i was at home.

among other things, it will give you piece of mind.

ann

Thanks again, everyone. My neighbour was great. On the one side I have an elderly couple - I didn't tell them about the letter. They can't see my driveway, anyway. I told my neighbours on the other side and we've got a code worked out now. He also told me to bring my car keys up to bed because I can press the panic button on my car alarm from there and my neighbour will hear it.