Menu

Help with pre-lite Christmas tree?

WE have a 7.5 ft", prelite, prescott fir from Holiday Time. It comes in thress sections. the branches are attached to the base and can not be removed. It puts togehter pretty easily but it has about a billion cords. Each one had to be plugged into eactly the right other one of all of the lights will not work. The problem is that not all of the plugs are clearly marked and we do not have a schematic for hooking them together. I have looked on-line and haven't been able to find one. Anyone have any ideas? We have already been working on this for hours and have made no progress.

Are any of the sections working?

Our tree is just like that and hubby discovered one bulb missing from a section and that caused the entire section to not light up.

If it is the whole tree, I'll ask hubby when he gets home (about 40 minutes). He is the Christmas tree guru around here.

We can get one or two sections to lite up depending on the sequence we plug the plugs in to each other. I was hoping that it would be something simple like the plugs have to be lined up in a certain way which someone could tell me. It has over a thousand bulbs though and they are wrapped around each branch. There is no way we could even find all of the bulbs to check them. It was supposed to be one of those that would still work if a single bulb burnt out. :glare:

We can get one or two sections to lite up depending on the sequence we plug the plugs in to each other. I was hoping that it would be something simple like the plugs have to be lined up in a certain way which someone could tell me. It has over a thousand bulbs though and they are wrapped around each branch. There is no way we could even find all of the bulbs to check them. It was supposed to be one of those that would still work if a single bulb burnt out. :glare:

Yeah, ours works even if the bulb is burned out but not if a bulb is MISSING or broke.

Sorry, I never came back to this last night. Hubby got home late and then immediately left to help out a friend. :-\

Hubby says our plugs have colors on them that you have to match up. Without those he'd be lost.