Menu

Johnson Brothers Friendly Village China

Do any of you have Johnson Brothers Friendly Village China? I received some years ago when it was made in England.

My mother is buying me some additional place settings from a replacement china company, however they are now made in China. I'm wondering if there is much difference between the two? It is meant to be a surprise gift, so it might be awkward and rude to refuse the shipment in order to exchange it for a more expensive setting that was made in England.

I've checked photos online, but I can't get a clear sense of their differences. If you have this pattern and could compare them the two of them, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't think you can find the made in England version anymore, unless you find them on ebay? I don't have any but I have looked at them on Amazon in the past, just took them off my wishlist yesterday in fact. I saw a few reviews that indicated the ones made in China are heavier and not as "delicate" as the made in England versions. But I didn't read all the reviews, there may be some that are more specific.

Also I saw one reviewer said her daughter had tested them for lead and they tested safe. Not a scientific seal of approval, but a good sign IMO.