Menu

Is there a shortcut to finding my posts?

On the old board, when I just had a quick moment to check in on the board, I did a CTL-F for my name and could instantly see if anyone had answered any of my questions or responded to my blathering.

Now, I know I can get a list of all of the posts I've made, but I can't view responses nearly so easily (that I know of.) I have to open each post separately and scroll to find my post and then keep scrolling to see any possible responses.

This is okay with me. I'm not complaining. But I am hoping someone has found an easier way to do a 'quick check in'.

Anyone, anyone?

Well, there is another, but it's the only one I've used, so it may not be better. I go to the search function at the top of the screen, click on Advanced search, put my name in the poster box and search that way. The only drawback is that you don't see just your posts, but all the threads where you've posted. I'm going to try clicking on my name when this is done to see if that's easier.

Okay, I posted, and found that clicking on your name in a post has an advantage because you can get right to your post in the thread and keep reading after that. So, my method was inferior. It's going to take a while to get all the ins and outs of this board learned.

I go to User Control Panel.

It gives me the subscribed threads that hold new answers, and only those.

For this to work, go to Edit Options (still in the Control Panel). Look for Default Thread Subscription Mode

Make sure that's NOT set to "do not subscribe"

Every thread where you post will be subscribed to, and you can even get email notification if you wish.