Menu

My latest ER saga

don't you think she'd have the heartburn/pain if it was GERD related? GERD is pretty painful.

Not necessarily. I never have/had heartburn or pain; just every once in a while I would wake up with acid in my throat, but no pain in the chest like most people. My doctor told me that many people with asthma have 'silent' GERD, and when it is prevented/cleared up the asthma goes away completely.

Not necessarily. I never have/had heartburn or pain; just every once in a while I would wake up with acid in my throat, but no pain in the chest like most people. My doctor told me that many people with asthma have 'silent' GERD, and when it is prevented/cleared up the asthma goes away completely.

But I don't normally have asthma. The inhaler was because I got this croup type virus which led to a bronchitis which led to swelling in my throat. I still have laryngitis as part of that. I'll still check into it but I'm thinking that is why perhaps it hasn't come up with any of the Drs.

:iagree::iagree: I was on pepcid and thought GERD was controlled but since switching to pepcid my breathing has been much better and now even better with advair.

I too had very few symptoms like you.

But I don't normally have asthma. The inhaler was because I got this croup type virus which led to a bronchitis which led to swelling in my throat. I still have laryngitis as part of that. I'll still check into it but I'm thinking that is why perhaps it hasn't come up with any of the Drs.

OK, well that's good! Asthma is no fun!