Menu

Essentials math K!

twoxcell

My dd just turned 5, but we are doing K work already. At the beginning of the year I ordered her the old earlybird 2b K from ebay. I wasn't all that impressed with it, because it is so thin. I then ordered the SM 1a/1b, but I decided I wanted to wait until she was closer to 6 to use it since she isn't even technically in K yet. For the last few months we have been doing a combo of hands on math, MEP, and the earlybird book, but she is blowing through it. Last week I went ahead and ordered the essential math K a/b. I just got it today, and I'm really impressed. The books are super thick, and so much more like regular SM. I wish I had ordered them at the beginning of the year. :001_huh: Someone on here recommended them to me, but I wasn't sure if they were any good.

My dd just turned 5, but we are doing K work already. At the beginning of the year I ordered her the old earlybird 2b K from ebay. I wasn't all that impressed with it, because it is so thin. I then ordered the SM 1a/1b, but I decided I wanted to wait until she was closer to 6 to use it since she isn't even technically in K yet. For the last few months we have been doing a combo of hands on math, MEP, and the earlybird book, but she is blowing through it. Last week I went ahead and ordered the essential math K a/b. I just got it today, and I'm really impressed. The books are super thick, and so much more like regular SM. I wish I had ordered them at the beginning of the year. :001_huh: Someone on here recommended them to me, but I wasn't sure if they were any good.

Isn't it great! I tried to use EB with my oldest a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. I decided to try EM with my middle guy and love it! He's almost done with EM B and looking forward to PM down the road.

:iagree: I really, really liked EM after being not impressed with EB. I'm surprised it is not more popular except that maybe others, like me until a year ago, don't even realize it exists. I felt like the Singapore site had been holding out on me. Somehow, after all the times I had been there, I had never seen it until I saw it recommended and looked for it.