Menu

Lial's BCM & Conceptual Physics: which ed. & where to buy?

When I pull up Lial's on amazon or anywhere else, I'm bombarded with an array of choices I know nothing about. If I want the next to the last edition (and I don't know what the current one is), what exactly would that be? What are the best places to buy this? Are there any necessary or helpful books/resources that go w/ it?

How about Conceptual Physics? Where can I find info on what the current ed. is and all that jazz? I google, but again, don't know how to wade through the results w/o even knowing the name of the publisher or any other basic info.

Thanks!

How about Conceptual Physics? Where can I find info on what the current ed. is and all that jazz? I google, but again, don't know how to wade through the results w/o even knowing the name of the publisher or any other basic info.

Thanks!

I use http://www.abebooks.com for many of my textbook purchases.

Last I looked there were a few Paul Hewitt's Conceptual Physics, ninth edition (ISBN 0321052021) student textbooks and Practicing Physics workbooks (032105153x) available for a dollar plus shipping. Publisher is Addison Wesley.

Edited by ccm

I like the Lial Developmental Mathematics series. We are using Intermediate Algebra from the series and having the practice problems (the ones you do during the lesson to check comprehension) in the sidebars is wonderful. As for Conceptual Physics, you can find the most current version at the Pearson site.