Menu

Very Jealous!! I want a Conference near Oregon!!

Just what I put! Very Jealous!! I'd love a Classical Homeschool Conference. Even a Classical Education Conference.. for everyone. I don't wanna listen to Voddie Baucham. If I wanted a family like his.... then... perhaps I'd wanna listen to him. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy.... but.... I DON'T CARE about what he has to say.

I want SWB and other Classical Educated... and those who are Classically Educating.

I'm in Oregon..... Surely there are enough of us who would like this... to make it happen before my 7 year old... is too much older!!!

PLEASE tell me I don't have to travel to hear a conference I care about!!

?????

Maybe if you felt the that all your children's friends are kept so close to their parents you're wondering if they are separate little beings... you wouldn't. I"m sure that his message is great; everything in moderation. I remember other speakers in my life as a homeschooler... that had "movements" and then "whew" everyone came back more towards middle ground...

:)

Anyway,

My list is

SWB

JW

Drew Campbell

Leigh Lowe

Cheryl Lowe

Someone speaking about Logic

Christopher Perrins... (is that right? holding Kitty... can't look it up)

Andrew Pudewa

Other speakers with Classical Writing Programs

David Quine

Who else do we want?

Could we just put together our own??

Hmmmmm

:)

I don't want to exclude people who aren't hs anymore. (Hence, I still want Drew)

Maybe we really could put our own together in 2 or 3 years...

Who else would want this??

Who else would be want to hear??

I'm moving to Oregon soon, and I'd love a Classical Homeschooling Conference.

I'd love to hear Voddie Baucham, though, too. :D

You're moving to Oregon? So cool. Where abouts? I am in the very wet Willamette [pronounced wah lam it] Valley.

I agree with Carrie though. I loved Voddie, I just want more about teaching [classically specifically]. I want to have someone with real world experience, who isn't trying to sell something, give their opinion on 4 different writing curricula and why one may work for certain kids, where others would be better for others.

Hmmm, looking at that last sentence I also need some grammar help. :D

I love the rah rah it's good to homeschool thing, but I am beyond that. I want meat! I want SWB! Darn it! Please come to Oregon SWB. I know several here who would put flyers all over the state to advertise for you. Shoot I'll buy another copy of TWTM. Anything?

Oh, and I want Drew, and Jesse Wise, and Andrew Kern, and the Lowe etc. :tongue_smilie:

Must stop typing now, going a little cuckoo. :willy_nilly:

I think the school's ok. He's posted about the decision to return to homeschooling on FB and on his blog. I do miss his posts here as well! :)

He has a new blog? Yeah.

Is it a private blog? Can we all read it? A quick google search did not get me anything.