Menu

Those who read Philippa Greogory

I picked up the Red Queen at the library, but it looks like it is second in a series. (Hate when I do that!!!) Can they be read out of order?

Is this book any good? I tried one of her books a year ago and wasn't a big fan but my mom read a different one and said it was good. (Sorry, can't remember titles...I'll blame it on I haven't had my coffee yet. :D)

The White Queen was written before The Red Queen, I think. I read The White Queen first, which is about Elizabeth Woodville, the mother of the princes in the tower. I don't think you have to read one before the other. It's nice to read them both to see the same story from different angles. I confess that I love Phillippa Gregory's books.

I normally love Phillipa Gregory, but I'm 44% (my Kindle tells me how far I am) through The White Queen and I'm having to make myself read it. It's sooooo long and blah, blah, blah. Part of me is like get to the point already! I like the story of Elizabeth Woodville (I find her fascinating), but this story is just dragging, IMO.

I hope The Red Queen is better. Maybe I just need to step away of it for a while.

I read the Red Queen this summer and really enjoyed it. Yes, White Queen came out first. They're essentially the same story told from two different points of view. It's rather interesting when you go and read the other since you have these notions in your head already as to who these characters are, but they're portrayed so differently.