Menu

My 17 year old just got a call from Walmart about a job!

Update: He has an interview tomorrow AM!! They want him to unload trucks from 4pm to 1am. I'm trying to be calm for him but I am so nervous. lol I'm more nervous then my own first interview. HA!

So, I hope he doesn't need a drivers license to get hired because he doesn't have his yet. He was going to get it in 3 months when he turns 18. Anyone know? Should I take him down to the tag office for a state ID card?

I'm not for sure about the ID, but I think they will need something official with a picture. I believe it is a federal form that must be signed by the employer proving they who they claim to be. Does he have a passport?

No, no passport.

Hoping he got hired!

You are so sweet to ask. He was so very nervous, I was twice as nervous. He was interviewed by the manager and the unloading area manager. Both asked some moral type questions and told him what he would be doing if hired. He said everything went well. They told him they had 2 more to interview for the same position and would call if he got the position.

So... we sit and wait. Either way, I told him I was proud of him and if he doesn't get the job, that's okay. There are more jobs out there and next time he won't be so nervous because he will know what to expect.

I'll let you know if they call. Did they have your son wait also or did he get hired right away?

Thank you for asking (((Jean))).