Menu

A shock...

C_l_e_0..Q_c

Wow... I'm speechless

My French speaking daugther has started writing a chapter book.. in English... on MS Word... She's got 5 pages already, single space, with paragraphs and everything! :scared:

Ok she's the one who told me one day she wanted to draw a comic book. And she did. All 12 sheets of it ( 24 pages!) But that's because she's an artist who draws all the time. She's always shied away from the written word. So to see her WRITE like that is a shock.. And that she chose to use English even more so!!!

I really feel like an alien came to our house and took over her body or something like that...

Wow... I'm speechless

My French speaking daugther has started writing a chapter book.. in English... on MS Word... She's got 5 pages already, single space, with paragraphs and everything! :scared:

Ok she's the one who told me one day she wanted to draw a comic book. And she did. All 12 sheets of it ( 24 pages!) But that's because she's an artist who draws all the time. She's always shied away from the written word. So to see her WRITE like that is a shock.. And that she chose to use English even more so!!!

I really feel like an alien came to our house and took over her body or something like that...

:lol::001_smile: Your dd and mine are long lost sisters. Is she still dancing or doing something physical, too?

A traitor. :tongue_smilie:

(That's what - jokingly - I tell my girls when I see them writing in English.)

Oh but you're so right... A traitor indeed, when you consider that both my ancestors and DH's ancestors fought the English, and lost. Dh's ancestor was from Acadia and was deported to Louisiana. He WALKED back here. My ancestors were in Quebec city with Montcalm against Wolfe. France let us down to get peace.

Sigh... It's hard at times to be a conquered people..

Oh but you're so right... A traitor indeed, when you consider that both my ancestors and DH's ancestors fought the English, and lost. Dh's ancestor was from Acadia and was deported to Louisiana. He WALKED back here. My ancestors were in Quebec city with Montcalm against Wolfe. France let us down to get peace.

Sigh... It's hard at times to be a conquered people..

:iagree: , (sighing in commiseration) My mother's side all came from Iceland, and they were conquered & governed by the Danes for a long, long time.

Wow... I'm speechless

Woww...:)