Menu

we're going to Lancaster, Pa for Thanksgibing

I have never been to lancaster. There are 18 of us going (dh's extended family and everyone gets along great, this includes 4 babies/toddlers and my two teens.) We are staying at the Doubletree Resort. We have 4 adjourning rooms, this and then our trip to Disney for Christmas, I am so excited. We have not even been anywhere for 5 years due to ds's numerous surgeries and 2 extremely ill cats which have since passed away (our current cats are all healthy and we have a neighbor to watch them) so time for family vacations!

The Sight and Sound Theater should be doing the Christmas program. It's expensive, but OH-SO WORTH IT. Live animals, great music and costumes, a stage that practically wraps around to the sides of the theater. The building itself is lovely. It's a great program for the children but babies probably wouldn't be welcome- it IS a theater.

I love Lancaster and hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

http://www.sight-sound.com/WebSiteSS/getlanguages.do

I second Sight and Sound Theatre. There is also The Amish Experience place on the other side of Lancaster http://www.amishexperience.com/ I haven't personally been there, but there are a lot of people that go there. You can also get buggy rides and all (as long as your nose isn't too sensitive LOL! Hubby and kids have all been given rides by neighbours when we were out in the county). There is the Fulton Theatre in downtown Lancaster and plenty of really nice cafes and restaurants here (I'm going to recommend Gustos...Mediterranean restaurant run by one of the sweetest families I know ;) With your size group, call ahead or if you and hubby or whichever female relative want to disappear for a nice luncheon, then just go). Oh, and there are soooooo many art stores and galleries here in the city. If you want "dutch food", then try Shady Maple out past Blue Ball. Intercourse has plenty of shops that you can walk from one to another easily. Have fun and enjoy your visit.