Menu

Need graphic novel gift ideas

My stepson is 14 and does not read for pleasure. DH and I make a point of continuing to make books part of his birthday and holiday gifts each year to set an example and, hopefully, leave him with a nice collection in case his tastes change. We tend to choose a mix of classics and popular fiction, but so far nothing has sparked much interest. I was thinking that it might be a fun change of pace to try a graphic novel this time, but the ones I like aren't really what I'm looking for. Any suggestions? I would prefer nothing too adult, but anything the equivalent of PG-13 is fine. Thanks!

So if you are familiar with Gaiman, am I to assume you already counted out Sandman?

I started reading the series when I was @ 14 or so and I loved it. Volume 8 is the one that is slightly disconnected from the series and is sort of like The Canterbury Tales.

Oh! Can't forget about Darren Shan. Not graphic novels, but still good, young teen stories.

So if you are familiar with Gaiman, am I to assume you already counted out Sandman?

I started reading the series when I was @ 14 or so and I loved it. Volume 8 is the one that is slightly disconnected from the series and is sort of like The Canterbury Tales.

Oh! Can't forget about Darren Shan. Not graphic novels, but still good, young teen stories.

I thought I remembered nudity in Sandman, but maybe I am mixing it up with something else. DH and I are probably a bit more permissive than Dss's mom, and I just don't want to stir up trouble. Shan I am unfamiliar with -- I'll have to check him out. Thanks for the ideas!