Menu

Anyone currently doing South Beach Diet?

I am starting tomorrow and would love-love-love someone to do it with. I found a post that I wrote almost a year ago and can't believe that I didn't start it then. I am still disgusted with myself & have decided that waiting until Jan. 1st (again...) just isn't going to cut it :tongue_smilie:

Any takers?

I've been saying for a while that I was going to start up Phase 1 for a while - I've gained back all the weight I lost at the beginning of the year. :glare: I'm worried if I go into the holidays like this I could gain even more...

I love South Beach - I have all the cookbooks, and they're my favorite cookbooks even when I'm not on the diet. My downfall is not meals but snacks (read - too much sugar).

I am excited to start. I have never made it past 3 or 4 days in P1, but that's because I love to sabotage myself for some strange reason. This time has to be different. This past year I turned 40. I will be 41 in January, and I can to begin to tell you all how fast this last year went by - faster than any other in my entire life. It scared me - and I know that the older I get the worse off I will be, trying to loose this extra weight.

I have been overweight for going on 7 years now (only since I had children - before that I was thin and fit) and there is no end in sight. About 6 years ago, I lost over 20 lbs. on WW. I only had 15-20 lbs. more to loose and felt better about myself than I had in years. But then I ate my way up the scale until I was 43 lbs. heavier than my heaviest :confused: Why did I do that??? I eventually lost 25 lbs. or so, and have kept that off the last 18 mos., but I still have another 40-50 lbs. to go.

When my DDs pat my arm as I cry in a dressing room because nothing fits, I have to stop and wonder what messages I am sending them, KWIM? Maybe if I can't diet for myself, I can do it for my family. I don't know... All I do know is that I managed to loose 25 lbs. twice now in my life. If I got that far, I can certainly loose even more. I believe that SBD is healthy and safe. Both my mother & husband have Type 2 Diabetes and both of their doctors recommend SBD. I already enjoy / like most of the healthy foods that are SBD-friendly. I just have to cut out the sugar and maybe switch my occasional glass of white wine to red.

Looking forward to getting healthier and hope some of you ladies will be able to do this at the same time. If anyone wants to, you can PM me & maybe we can email back & forth or something. Thanks again!