Menu

Man, I wish I had medical insurance!

There are still good and great plans out there. We have an awesome plan. What we had before that was still good. To not have it, and get cancer or a major injury/illness can be catastrophic. If the Affordable Health Act can remain, that will no longer be the case in a couple of years. There is a lot of GOOD in that Act, so hopefully, only the bad will be removed, and we, as Americans, can get the health care we need without worrying about it bankrupting us, our friends, family or neighbors.

But this is how insurance is supposed to work

You don't buy insurance on your automobile to change the oil and the tires -- you buy it in case you get into an accident.

:iagree:

Very good point. I think everyone wants it to pay for every little scratch they get and then wonder why it costs so much. We have a high deductible plan because it's actually more affordable to pay the dr bill each time we go than the co-pay plans which cost about $300/month more. My dh's company has sent out so many fliers with different examples of how it's more economical, but people still want the co-pay plans that cost so much more in the short and long run.

That stinks. Sad thing is even WITH insurance it isn't affordable.

This is so true. I went in for a breast biopsy today and the whole time I was worrying about how much it was going to cost-and we have insurance (not very good insurance even with paying close to $1000 a month). I haven't been to a doctor in 6 years because of cost (insurance never seems to cover much), but finally was forced to because of having breast pain for the last 6 months.

Lesley

This is so true. I went in for a breast biopsy today and the whole time I was worrying about how much it was going to cost-and we have insurance (not very good insurance even with paying close to $1000 a month). I haven't been to a doctor in 6 years because of cost (insurance never seems to cover much), but finally was forced to because of having breast pain for the last 6 months.

Lesley

:(

I hope everything is okay with you!