Menu

Need Ideas for presents for 2yo

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Guest mrsjamiesouth

I don't have a clue what to get my 2yo dd. She doesn't really play with toys, at all. She is more tomboy, having 2 older brothers. She will steal their legos and play a little with the Mega Blocks. She eats play-do still. She does like arts/crafts but is very messy, so I don't really want anything that might permanently damage walls or furniture. She will spend all day outside if I let her. I was thinking sandbox, but I know she will just dump it all out of the box.

When she is outside she usually climbs on the play set that we have, the rock wall is her favorite. She also will play in the dirt.

Any ideas?:001_smile:

I love the Dr Suess books and most kids that age do. On a rainy day or a day I need some quiet time and of course at bedtime I pull a book out and we read it together. Not only does it set the behavior but if they are read right, the child can learn lots of things.

My 2 year old niece and nephew are really into the Melissa and Doug food playsets. They would usually play with their older brothers' toys until my sister bought the pizza set - now they'll spend an entire afternoon playing pizza parlor.

How about some dress-up clothes or costumes?

We just bought a ride on toy for our 2 yr old grandson.

We got it at Costco, but they are available other places as well. It is an acitivity toy and I hear he and his 4 yr old brother have not stop playing with it. There is a pink princess version available too.

BTW, we bought a Winnie the Pooh version of this toy a few years ago for his old brother and it's still a favorite!

41DNemBX9PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Thanks, great ideas!

She has 2 hand me down cars that she can ride on. She does love books so I could buy some, but we have hundreds of books already.

I love the idea of puppets and the silk sword is a great idea!

This is the flashlight that we bought for ds14 when he was 2yo. It still works. We also bought two others for the other 2 when they were little. Ds4 has 3 hand me down ones. They have a power shutoff if left laying unused for a few minutes, are easy for little ones to use. They also switch from white to red to green lights. For an active little girl, I would get the flashlight, a toddler magnifying glass, and a backpack to aid in exploring the outdoors.