Menu

Washington DC

Just want to second (or third) the caution about the traffic. Dd18 took piano lessons in Springfield which required us to drive up I-95 in the early afternoon on Tuesdays (notice this is Tuesday - not Wednesday!). We headed up one year and got so tangled in traffic we decided to get off at the Woodbridge exit and spent the afternoon shopping at Potomac Mills Mall. Never did make it to that piano lesson. The next year I told her teacher we were not even going to attempt the trip - just skipped that lesson.

When I was much, much younger - living in Falls Church and working at the USDA - I took the subway to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving and had no trouble at all.

Maybe the subway is the way to go in this case.

LOL, just have to post this license plate ds and I spotted a few days ago. For those who don't know, I-495 is the Beltway.

IMG_0402a_1.jpg

We've had just two experiences, completely opposite. We had no problem at all July 4th weekend (the day of the mall fireworks), but we were stuck on it for what seemed like hours one Monday early afternoon last June. Excellent advice to avoid it completely!

LOL, just have to post this license plate ds and I spotted a few days ago. For those who don't know, I-495 is the Beltway.

IMG_0402a_1.jpg

We've had just two experiences, completely opposite. We had no problem at all July 4th weekend (the day of the mall fireworks), but we were stuck on it for what seemed like hours one Monday early afternoon last June. Excellent advice to avoid it completely!

:lol: I agree with the tags :D