Menu

Enrolled ds3 in day school today!

Well, I did it. I enrolled ds3 into preschool today. He starts Monday! I will be able to focus on the bigger kids and he will get some much needed him time. Something all his.

He seems really excited! I know I am excited for him. School has been impossible lately. He is doing so much for attention-be it good or bad attention.

We were also struggling in our homeschool co-op b/c of the preschool "program". It was stressful for me (I had to volunteer in the preschool room b/c he was my youngest) and for him--a huge range of ages and capabilities in the room. Most of the preschoolers are not "trained" if you know what I mean and what is expected of parent volunteers is ridiculous. You had just turned 3 and almost 5 year olds doing the same program. Yet, there were just as many preschool aged children (4 yr olds)in the K/1st grade classroom and they are horribly behaved. They were in the preschool program last year and if that is what I can expect after a year from Aaron being in it, then no thanks.

My big kids love the co-op though and are really benefitting from it. So I was torn about what we could do to make the co-op tolerable for me and give Aaron the preschool experience that I wanted him to have in a group setting. He had been showing horrible behavior after each co-op day.

DH and I talked about how sending him to private preschool may fix everything that is causing our family stress right now while keeping all the positives. I did not think I would find any openings at the beginning of October.

I can't believe our luck in a spot being open. The director is even our oldest daughter's preschool teacher from when she was 4 years old. It was like it was meant to be.

I guess Monday we will see how it goes!

I hope this works out for you and gets you out of the preschool room at the co-op! :)

I thought it was much harder to teach at the preschool room of our co-op than at the private preschool I taught at before we starting homeschooling. I commend anybody that does it well. :D

Thanks! I just admitted to myself that I am just not very good at this age. Add on top of that making sure that I get a 2nd, 4th, and 5th grader schooled and well I was a ball of stress.

I thought that having the kids in the co-op would relieve some of my stress and give my preschooler that outlet he has been needing. It just didn't work out that way.

I discovered that preschool at a co-op is pretty much daycare for the Moms that want their older kids to experience co-op. And if you are a preschool Mom then you are a babysitter for the co-op hours. I am not that great with the stress my own 3 yr old gives me much less 6 preschoolers in a room.

This is the best thing for both of us and now my bigger kids can enjoy co-op and maybe we can get our work done at home as well.