Menu

Gift ideas for a 10 year old photographer?

I have a 15 yo photographer who is now doing quite well with his photography. What about a photography class? a gift certificate for making prints? a book of photographs by a photographic artist? time with an adult friend who takes pictures? a tripod? a book about how to take photos--my son likes "Fundamentals of Photography" by Tom Ang.

Gift certificates to Shutterfly to print photos

Pre-pay Shutterfly for photo books so he can upload his photos and have them printed into a book

A digital SLR (expensive, but it's still an idea), or at least a camera with a zoom and a flash that can be forced. Then he will need spare battery, and extra cards (whatever format the camera needs)

Guest Alte Veste Academy

Cameras for Kids

Are you going to get him a new camera? He's probably going to need to zoom at some point. :D I would also consider some good editing software. I use Photoshop Elements but there are probably some more user-friendly ones for younger people.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

How about a Kodak sure shot? I'm pretty sure that's what they are called. Very basic digital camera, yet it does zoom and has a few other features. We gave my son one for Christmas when he was 11. This past summer he had saved $$ and watched sales and purchased his own upgrade 60% off at a clearance sale. He took a beginning photography class at co-op as well & they had a book - if I find it I'll post the title later. How about a tripod? Even the most basic cameras usually have an attachment for them. There is a tripod called gorilla grip or something - ds wraps it around his bike handle bars and then shoots while riding.