Menu

My Police Excitement Tonight!!

So, guess what! I was driving with one of my hs friends tonight. I had a couple of what I thought were teen-age kids... flip me off... more than once... SOOOOO.... I shouted out to them as soon as I was equal to their window... "Nice Christian Sticker".... (They had a sticker from one of the Christian Schools here.)

Well, They decided to throw a water bottle hard enough at my van that it freaked me out... and I called 911.

Seems like they probably bought the car used.... They had other problems with the police, I guess. Police officer emailed me a pic of the passenger that threw it at me.

I said that even if nothing else happened, they'd hopefully be scared that they were reported and not do something like that again. Poor guy (police) explained that they weren't really scared of the police. (They were just mad to be bothered!!)

*Oh, and though their engine was warm, and they had the right sticker... they hadn't even gone anywhere!!

Anyway, I told him thanks just the same, and that I'm sorry he has to deal with people like that..... (Coming from me, who's driven 25 years without a speeding ticket... and scared to ever even get pulled over..)

Our Police are the bestest... I've had to call them several times for various things.... and they have always been the best!!

:)

What is it with people throwing water bottles at cars (or vans) ? I had someone throw a water bottle at my car not long ago too. I was driving behind a car that was swerving and changing speed down the hwy for several miles so when I got close to a police car I flashed my lights at the police car hoping he would see the drunk or otherwise dui driver. A little ways down the road after that the driver threw a water bottle at me and missed. I was too far back to hit. I don't drive close to erratic drivers. Maybe he thought I was flashing my lights at him or it made him angry I tried to get the police to look at him. :tongue_smilie: But I called 911 on my phone and then left the freeway. I'm always concerned that a drunk driver could kill someone if they are left to their own devices.

I think it's always best to stay way back from people doing odd things when you're out in public. Just down the street from a friend of mine someone was shot and killed several years ago over a stupid traffic incident. Two men lost their tempers and yelled at each other and one pulled out a gun and shot the other one.

The man who was shot and killed attended a Bible college in Portland OR.

If he would have ignored the man who lost his temper in traffic and yelled an insult at his young son he would not have been killed. It's shocking how things can escalate simply over angry words between strangers.

So, guess what! I was driving with one of my hs friends tonight. I had a couple of what I thought were teen-age kids... flip me off... more than once... SOOOOO.... I shouted out to them as soon as I was equal to their window... "Nice Christian Sticker".... (They had a sticker from one of the Christian Schools here.)

Well, They decided to throw a water bottle hard enough at my van that it freaked me out... and I called 911.

Seems like they probably bought the car used.... They had other problems with the police, I guess. Police officer emailed me a pic of the passenger that threw it at me.

I said that even if nothing else happened, they'd hopefully be scared that they were reported and not do something like that again. Poor guy (police) explained that they weren't really scared of the police. (They were just mad to be bothered!!)

*Oh, and though their engine was warm, and they had the right sticker... they hadn't even gone anywhere!!

Anyway, I told him thanks just the same, and that I'm sorry he has to deal with people like that..... (Coming from me, who's driven 25 years without a speeding ticket... and scared to ever even get pulled over..)

Our Police are the bestest... I've had to call them several times for various things.... and they have always been the best!!

:)