Menu

S/O smells...essential oils?

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Health food stores or Nutrition/Vitamin type stores sell essential oils. It is totally a personal thing on scent. My favorite is English Rose.

I also have Peppermint oil, that I use to make homemade peppermint patties.

I buy mine at a local health food store, but I know that more natural grocery stores, like Earthfare and Greenlife, carry them. Do you have anything like that near you? I love the tea tree oil, not only because of its scent, but also because of the anti-bacterial properties. I also love vanilla, lavender, and peppermint.

I love these:

youngliving.com

but they are not cheap and they are a multinetwork company (not available in stores). But they are the best quality oils I have ever used, so I do use them (and I don't sell them).

My favourite single oils are lemon, peppermint, tea tree, orange, lavender, ylang ylang and rose. I use mainly blends, however, such as "citrus blend" or "Thieves" which is a yummy smelling anti-viral/bacterial blend based on a recipe that apparently thieves used to use to protect themselves from the plague when robbing bodies! I also have a "Dragon Time" blend for around menstruation time- it makes me feel much better 'cos it smells so yummy.

I would imagine natural food stores would have essential oils- our department stores even have them, as well as many boutique type stores. Just dont buy "fragrant oils" because they are chemical, not natural. Just go and smell, smell, smell, and see what appeals. You will probably find blends as well, such as "Stay Alert" or "Sleep" type labels.

I find I am attracted to different smells at different times.

I love these:

youngliving.com

but they are not cheap and they are a multinetwork company (not available in stores). But they are the best quality oils I have ever used, so I do use them (and I don't sell them).

:iagree: They are awesome! And, even though they are more costly, they are absolutely pure, and last a lot longer; a little dab'll do ya with these oils. My favorite is Sacred Mountain - it's like a breath of fresh mountain air (complete with pine :)).

I also liked Thieves - til ds got a drop in his eye. Scared the living daylights out of all of us, and I haven't been able to buy it since. (He's not blind, btw, thank goodness) But, if you are much more responsible than I was, and keep the oils up and away from the small children who like to smell them, Thieves is great to add to cleaners (I used vinegar and water) not only to help them smell great, but to kill tons of germs.

If you don't have a salesperson available to you, I have seen them on ebay. Their diffuser is the most marvellous air freshener I own.