Menu

Turning 13

My sister, who just turned 17, had a Minute to Win It party. It was SO much fun!!! Have you ever watched the show on TV? You use ordinary household items to complete challenges. We did prizes and everything. You could invite both friends and family since it can appeal to all ages. If you click my blog link and scroll down, you will see photos from the party.....it's the ones where we are doing crazy things LOL. If you go to the Minute to Win It website, they even give instructions for all the games, as well as the materials you need to do the challenge.

We asked the men who have been instrumental in our boys' lives to write them a letter. At their 13th birthday shindig - which we call a "Man Party" because my kids do not want to be called teenagers - we give a nice wooden or leather keepsake box for the storage of all the letters. It's been a big hit with our guys.

I have three sons. My dh takes a trip with them. DS #2 just returned last night with dh from a 2 week long hiking\camping trip to Yosemite, Sequoia National Park, and then the southern beaches of CA. It was an amazing experience for both boys. They spend SO much time with Mom, I think these trips have allowed them to connect more deeply with their dad and they have been so valuable. Spending time in nature has been great for them to just quietly think about growing up, long term plans, etc. My son spent half a day on the beach one day, doing nothing but skipping stones on the surf. Unplanned, but just what he needed at that moment.