Menu

Decorating Advice please!

My sister has offered us her brand newish rod iron bed w/ footboard that I LOVE. The problem is that the bed we have now matches our nightstands and has no footboard. Question #1) how bad will it the wood night stands look with the rod iron bed (they are currently unpainted and I have no problem painting or staining them) and #2) since the kids have a habit of kind of gliding (jumping) onto my bed after entering the room, how many will hurt themselves on the footboard?

Can one mix rod iron & wood? Pictures or ideas welcomed!! Dh told me I could do whatever I wanted to the very much needed update in our bedroom and I have no idea where to start!

Thanks in advance!

1. no more jumping on parent's bed! No so good for the mattress, anyway.

2. It is your bedroom. Aside form family, who would see it? Have whatever furniture you like - if staining the nightstands pleases you, do so. Or paint a boldish, contrasting accent color to the rest of the room.

This advice from a person who still has her pine dresser and hutch from age 11 in the bedroom, along with a bed that rests on the simple metal frame that came with the mattresses 14 years ago (no headboard or foot board), nightstands from the neighbor's garage sale, and a computer desk from Ikea...and a bookshelf from Ikea, too. So take any advice from me with a grain of salt. ;)

I love iron and wood!

Isn't there a trend against matchy-matchy decorating? (That's what dd and I call it)

As an aside...I looked quickly at your name and thought it was a shout out to that 80s band WangChung!

"Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody WangChung tonight!"

:lol: