Menu

Meet the Masters

WiseOwlKnits

I've finally found the art (and art appreciation) program that you can use if you're art challenged! I got in on the Meet the Masters deal that Homeschool Co-op had last year and I loved the way it looked, but it's been sitting there b/c I was dreading starting it. It looked great, but I'm NOT an artist. I don't know much about artists, I don't know much about artistic techniques, and I was intimidated with the IDEA of "doing art." DD loves art though so I finally bit the bullet and we started it this year.

We've been studying Van Gogh and did the art project for that unit today. It was actually really cool! Not only is the whole unit scripted so you know what you're supposed to say and how to say it, but the directions for the art project are spelled out too.

DD asked me to do it with her today so DD, DS, and I all did a Van Gogh-inspired project this week. Pics are on my blog, but it's an awesome program if you want to expose your child to art and art appreciation without having a background in it yourself!!

ETA: There are pics of our finished projects (mine, DS's, DD's) on my blog if you want to see what a MTM project looks like.

Edited by Hill Country Classical Academy

We used this last year and loved it! We got together with friends for the art project, but everything else was done on our own. I found it to be a great program.

We're doing it again this year. Our groups has grown, too, which is pretty cool. We've gone from 2 to 4 families. :)

That's cool! I'd think this would be awesome in a group setting. DD, DS, and I all did it together and it was cool how different our same project turned out.

May I ask a few questions?

1. Can Meet the Masters be accessed from any computer in my home?

2. Is the online presentation different for the different age groups?

3. Am I able to jump around and choose an artist/lesson based on our own studies or do you have to follow the sequence?

Thanks,

Carolyn

1. Can Meet the Masters be accessed from any computer in my home?

Yes, it can be accessed with any computer with an Internet connection.

2. Is the online presentation different for the different age groups?

I believe so. I just bought more MTM that covers all age groups, so if this is not so, I will come back here to correct myself.

3. Am I able to jump around and choose an artist/lesson based on our own studies or do you have to follow the sequence?

I was wondering this myself last month, and you can indeed jump around as you see fit.

Rats, I'm going to have to have to buy this now. Thanks.

ETA...Just kidding...thanks, Satori, I appreciate the details. I've been looking at this program for a long time but never clarified the questions in my mind until now.

Edited by samba