Menu

Bullying Update -- it's not good --

Here's the thing about calling the police. First, call the non-emergency number, and ask to have an officer come out because your son is being harassed at school and you want things on record. This doesn't mean you want him charged with anything, this doesn't mean you want him arrested, etc. Talk to the officers. Explain that you want the incident (and any previous ones, if you have dates, and go back thru your old posts if you've mentioned them here to get the dates straight in your mind) documented. This is not just to protect your son. It's possible this boy will never do anything else to your son after this suspension/meeting with his parents.

That doesn't mean he won't do it to someone else.

You providing documentation and an incident report (or whatever they call it) to the police can help establish a PATTERN OF BEHAVIOR. That way, if this jerk does something else and those parents call the police as well, it's possible some serious flares will go up - it will no longer be isolated incidents, be recurrent negative behavior.

Yes, I know the most important thing is to protect you and yours, but perhaps knowing that you could also be protecting someone else might help you and your son make the decision to contact the authorities.

:iagree: My husband is a cop, and while I haven't run your situation by him, I think this is very important. Many hugs to you and your son. :grouphug:

ETA: Nobody has to know you've made a report. It can just be a nice bit of ammo in your back pocket, and your son's. Should you feel the school doesn't take appropriate action, you can always bring it up. And if you don't need it, at least the police have it should anyone else ever have a problem with the kid.

Edited by annlaura

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unsinkable, I was thinking of you and your son today. Hope things went well... would love an update when you have a chance. I just hate the idea of this thing happening to my son if/when he eventually goes to school, or any child. I hope the school steps up and boots this kid out.

I thought of you today as well. I caught a bit of Fox news at lunch and they were coving an incident of bullying in Florida. Apparently after going thru proper channels, and a schol not responding, the dad boarded a school bus and threatened the bullies. THe dad is now in legal trouble but some are saying the prosecutor should drop chargeson the dad and instead charge the students.

• 2 weeks later...