Menu

Using TT and Patty Paper Geometry together

Does anyone happen to have a schedule integrating these two? Or a recommendation on how to do so (complete one, then the other, mesh together, etc?).

This student has had Saxon through Advanced Math and we are looking for a separate geometry for the transcript, but a break from Saxon.

Your input appreciated!

I'm currently combining Discovery Geometry (Key Curriculum Press) with Patty Paper Geometry. So far we're going back and forth between the two, partly to see how my dd best learns geometry and partly to break up written math with something a bit different. I went through the tables of contents of both books, looked at the patty paper contents, and wrote out a list of how/where the topics and activities meshed; then we alternate.

I'm currently combining Discovery Geometry (Key Curriculum Press) with Patty Paper Geometry. So far we're going back and forth between the two, partly to see how my dd best learns geometry and partly to break up written math with something a bit different. I went through the tables of contents of both books, looked at the patty paper contents, and wrote out a list of how/where the topics and activities meshed; then we alternate.

:iagree:

I was going to suggest Discovering Geometry as well. It's written by the same author as Patty Paper Geometry, Michael Serra. It's a textbook, but very hands-on and discovery based, with interesting connections to art and nature. I bought both the text and the TE used fairly inexpensively.

Jackie

After a failed attempt at Jacob's Geometry early this school year, we switched to Discovering Geometry, and it's going very well. We used Patty Paper Geometry last year after we finished Foerster's Algebra, and ds loved it (and he loves very little schoolwork). I would not recommend slamming it into the end of the year, though. I would just divide it up and do a reasonable amount every week.

I already have LoF Geometry, but dd is visual/hands-on, so Patty Paper Geometry seems like something that would work really well with her! Would PPG go with LoF? I can get Discovering Geometry, I'm just curious if anyone knows....

I've never seen this before, but am interested in it now! :D

Edited by Brindee