Menu

PLEASE HELP me figure out how to do this...

sheryl

We're in our 7th year homeschooling...where has the time gone?

Here's my situation.

I make "paper" schedules each year. Time and M-F are "column" categories. Then the rows are divided by the different time allotements. So, we know what we are doing this time period/hour or half hour on any one day.

I'm wanting to make this schedule, but in a perpetual way. I mean, I'm needing to know what materials and HOW to make it work.

The idea I had for this was:

1. Finding a "magnetic" dry erase board or chalk board. Find little paper holder things that have a magnetic back. So, each "holder" would be a subject. We would simply start out with all holders in place for each time period M-F and when my dd is finished each subject for the day she will have the "control" to take that holder down and put it on the bottom of the board where it's a holding tank to be used again. She'll do this to gain confidence, satisfaction that her efforts are producing results, time management, etc, etc, etc.

Would I look for a magnetic dry erase board, chalk board OR something else? And, what type of "holders"?

2. Same general idea as one, but using paper that I construct and much more time consuming.

What do you recommend? Oh, and this needs to be on a budget!!

Does any of this make sense? Thanks. Sheryl <><

If I can find a free minute I may work out something like that for my dd/ds7 twins. It would become competitive though, which could be great. "Let's see who can get done with there work the quickest!" It sounds like something you'd have to make from scratch. I checked donnayoung.org, and I didn't see anything that looked like you could tweek. Good Luck finding what you need. I'll be:bigear:.

A big poster board covered with contact paper. Lines of velcro strips down for times of day and days of week. Contact paper for each of the subjects, special things etc. You can hang them all up together on Sunday as you plan your week. Then, take them down as you complete. We have one like that that we don't use anymore, but it's still hanging after 9 years.

That sounds like something I did once with a bulletin board and velcro. I wrote the subjects on small sqares of colored cardstock and reinforced them with clear packing tape and put a little square of velcro on the back. The other side of the velcro went where I needed it on the bulletin board. When the subject was done the subject card went in an envelope attached to the bottom of the bulletin board

Flashing, from the Home Depot ... vinyle lettering from the Cricut ... a roll of magnetic tape and colored index cards. :)

I like this idea of the magnets versus the velcro. I see one hanging on the back of the front door or on the wall in the hallway. Frame with a little trim, and voila!

Oh hubby, where are you? :)

Flashing, from the Home Depot ... vinyle lettering from the Cricut ... a roll of magnetic tape and colored index cards. :)

I like this idea of the magnets versus the velcro. I see one hanging on the back of the front door or on the wall in the hallway. Frame with a little trim, and voila!

Oh hubby, where are you? :)

Chrissy, Thanks, but what's "cricut"? Oh boy, do I need to finish this...but, once it's done I'll be able to use it year after year!!

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Next July Target gets school supplies. In the dollar bins there is a Class Schedule chart. I bought a few for a dollar each, and I write on them with dry-erase. I got 3 so I can do M,T, and W. On T I can erase M and set up for TH.

Just saw something exactly like this at someone's house. It was fabulous looking. :)

They printed off rectangles from the computer and attached them to magnetic strips.

They framed out a magnetic board from one of the home improvement places and attached it to the wall.

Now, I don't know how they made the graph on there as it was permanent, but it looked great, just like a real life, color coded, Excel spreadsheet. Iwas jealous. :D Then I remembered I'm not great at sticking to these things anyway. But it really looked fantastic on their wall!