Menu

Which Zaner-Bloser is the REAL Zaner-Bloser?

Kristen

I am just getting started with homeschooling my 5-year-old, and on the recommendation of TWTM, I planned to order the Zaner-Bloser handwriting curriculum. But now I'm a little confused. If I go to the Zaner-Bloser site, what I get looks like it is packaged for school use, and I'm not sure what I need (or not) for homeschooling. On the other hand, Amazon.com has something called "Zaner-Bloser Handwriting 1: With Continuous Stroke Alphabet" by Clinton S. Hackney. I'm guessing that this is an older edition of Zaner-Bloser. The Zaner-Bloser site also mentions nothing about "continuous stroke," which was supposed to be its primary advantage according to TWTM. So has Zaner-Bloser changed its method, and I should try to get one of these older ones, or are they all the same, and I should just get what's cheapest? :)

Also, if I do order directly from the Zaner-Bloser site, do I need the Teacher's Manual, or will the student book suffice?

I'm also open to other curricula which incorporate the Zaner-Bloser method and printing, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

I

Also, if I do order directly from the Zaner-Bloser site, do I need the Teacher's Manual, or will the student book suffice?

I'm also open to other curricula which incorporate the Zaner-Bloser method and printing, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

I get mine from the website. They ship promptly, and I happily go to the website and print down copy work. Once we get cursive done (3), I think I'll just print out sheets from their site. I write out spelling words, history words, names of family members, etc.

You don't need the TM.