Menu

HWT with just teacher's guide and paper?

arwen

Yes, I think this would work fine. In fact, that's basically what the one-day-per-week MDO program that my son goes to is planning to do. The teacher is interested in implementing HWT methodology, but the program couldn't afford a workbook for every child. You may want to design your own "grey block" paper, and two-line paper in a word processing program, especially if you are doing the pre-K or K level.

Heather

You could get Startwrite and make your own worksheets with 2 lines (which is what it defaults to if you choose the HWT font; you can change it to 3 lines which is what I prefer). You could also just order grey block paper from HWT, since that would be kind of tricky and ink-intensive.

I was just reading over the K teacher's manual the other night, and they actually list just using their guidelines as one way to teach this method. I think I saw that they suggested cutting your own paper for the beginning writing strips. That's how we're planning on doing it! :D

You could get Startwrite and make your own worksheets with 2 lines (which is what it defaults to if you choose the HWT font; you can change it to 3 lines which is what I prefer). You could also just order grey block paper from HWT, since that would be kind of tricky and ink-intensive.

Whoa--Startwrite has the Handwriting without Tears font? and just two lines? I was looking online and didn't see it--can you share more?

Thanks

Andrea

I found the gray block paper to really help dd5 understand where to start her letters, as well as helping them be a more consistent size. We didn't use it for long but it did make a difference, IMO.

:iagree:The block paper is pretty integral to the method. It transfers the chalkboard concept to paper and is an important transition.