Menu

Neat Article

LibrarianMom

I think that was very interesting--marketing a small, Christian college would be difficult.

I do think they need to take a better look at the salaries people make after college--The kid who expects to make $30,000 as a worship/music leader may not be looking at the right place. Ours makes much more--of course, she has her Masters. And not all preachers are poor, either.

That was an interesting article. I thought my son's college was small. It's still small, but not THAT small. I wonder how they (college) can make it financially...

In other aspects, it doesn't sound all that different from where my oldest has chosen to go, and he absolutely loves it there - the Christian atmosphere, the classes, and prepping for his future. He's heading for a low paying career too (microfinance), but won't have much in loans. What he does have, hubby and I will likely help to pay. The world needs educated caring people in low paying careers.

The traditional undergraduate students only make up a portion of this university's student body. The seminary and the adult and graduate studies which includes several online graduate degrees and a degree completion program also round out the enrollment.

The salaries quoted are based on averages of what supporting churches pay.

That was an interesting article. I thought my son's college was small. It's still small, but not THAT small. I wonder how they (college) can make it financially...

In other aspects, it doesn't sound all that different from where my oldest has chosen to go, and he absolutely loves it there - the Christian atmosphere, the classes, and prepping for his future. He's heading for a low paying career too (microfinance), but won't have much in loans. What he does have, hubby and I will likely help to pay. The world needs educated caring people in low paying careers.

I expect that many of the Christian Church/Disciples of Christ congregations in the region as well as individuals help support LCU. My brother and SIL attended a similar college in Oklahoma City. Most of these colleges and universities were started as a means of providing the first level of training for different aspects of the ministry without requiring students to travel a long way from home. Many of the supporting congregations are in rural areas and a lot of the students work at farming jobs over the summer and holidays. At least that used to be the case, but in my day LCU was still called LCC and the school my brother attended has since merged with another school. I'm getting old....:D