Menu

High school graduation gift questions...

The graduate is a homeschooled 2nd cousin of my husband. We don't know him very well at all though my dh and his father communicate regularly through email. We would like to send something and may possibly go (it's about 2 hours away). What is the norm to spend on graduation gifts? And is money acceptable?

Thanks in advance,

Jennifer

I've given gift cards to a store that I know they would like (REI - an outdoor outfitters for a boy I knew loved to hike, Target for a teen who I knew was getting ready for college. . .) I usually do the card for $20 - $25.00.

Same here. If you don't know the kid well, cash is always good. We usually use the $20-25 price range as well.

My ds liked gift cards from places like Target or Bed,Bath&Beyond or Best Buy. He used them for items he needed for college and his dorm room (bedding, towels, printer). He didn't care about the amount and didn't compare how much came from who. He just applied them towards the purchase and used any money he received to make up the balance.