Menu

My son bought me a Kindle!

Wow, my oldest son (22) bought me a Kindle! I'm just blown away. It's not my birthday, Mother's Day or Christmas...he just bought because he knew I wanted one. What a sweet boy!

Now what book do I buy first? Any recommendations?

Mine should arrive tomorrow! :D I have started my Kindle wish list:

The Iliad (Fagles translation)

The Odyssey (Fagles translation)

The Search by Nora Roberts

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Wow, my oldest son (22) bought me a Kindle! I'm just blown away. It's not my birthday, Mother's Day or Christmas...he just bought because he knew I wanted one. What a sweet boy!

Now what book do I buy first? Any recommendations?

:lol::D:001_smile: That is wonderful! You raised an awesome young man! You should be very proud!

Thank you, I am very proud of him. He and his dad do a lot of head butting but everyone else tell me he's a really good kid so I'm going with the majority. :D Why are fathers and sons this way? DH is very loving until they reach a certain age and then turns into Red Forman (70's Show reference). To toughen them up? Push them from the nest?

How sweet!! Wow, that was beyond thoughtful.

I just bought a Nook. I wanted a Kindle but was too impatient to wait three weeks. I downloaded some free books and a Bible, and I just bought a Teaching Company history course which I'm going to download to it today. I like that you can listen to MP3 on it too.

Have fun with your new toy!