Menu

Am I biting off more than I can chew?

I cut back drastically on my music teaching this year so I'd be able to be home all week with DD and to be available for her with less prep.

Now, I've been offered a consultant position with a curriculum publisher, working from home, revising and adding to some of their older materials and updating the activities.

I LOVE doing curriculum design and coming up with neat ideas for little kids that let them learn in a developmentally appropriate way while having fun with music and developing "pegs" for future skill development. I think that's one reason why I love homeschooling so much. This is, in many respects, a dream job for me. Especially since it would be part-time, work from home, flexible schedule.

However, I don't want to risk spreading myself too thin and not having enough time for DD. Especially not after cutting back my work hours dramatically in order to hs this year.

Any advice/thoughts/questions I should ask before I decide on the position?

Follow your dreams, life is too short for what if's. Try it until the end of the year and reevaluate at that time.

Perhaps carving out time in the morning before you dd is awake or for a couple of hours in the evening after her bedtime.

The primary question I would ask the publisher is for a clear list of expectations and/or deliverables with timelines. IMO that is the best way to decide if you can manage the requirements.

Kelly