Menu

I think it took about 12 weeks (and it could have gone faster) for my dd to go through the book. We read all the chapters and did most of the assignments. The book really doesn't assign too many essays. I just had my dd apply what she was learning to other essays she had to write.

I think I had planned to move through it at about 1 chapter per week. But in practice, it was a bit slower. We had some lag time when ds was writing and handing it in, then finding a time for us to sit down together and edit/discuss, and time for him to write the second draft. I think that was my busiest year yet, b/c of a newborn baby with nursing issues, so our spring semester really dragged out!

HTH,

Lisa

We just started using that book this past week. I am planning to go a chapter a week except for one chapter which I looked at which might take two weeks. At this time, I am skipping the chapter about research papers and I am hoping to be done by Christmas. I am hoping this book will teach my 14 yr old daughter how to write an essay.

We did one chapter a week, than there came a chapter somewhere around the first 3rd of the book that required more work and we spent a couple weeks on it.

As a rule, I only assigned one writing assignment for each chapter. Sometimes there were more than one writing assignments. We did almost all the other exercises.