Menu

Table writing surface

The table I have for school is our old kitchen table, it has lines and grooves on it so that it is not a smooth writing surface. I am trying to decide what to do so we can write on it. My current ideas:

1) glass cut to size of tabletop - problem is we plan to move soon and it could break.

2) plexiglass cut to size - may slide around since it isn't heavy?

3) just get a placemat for DS that is smooth plastic to write on.

Opinions or suggestions?

The table I have for school is our old kitchen table, it has lines and grooves on it so that it is not a smooth writing surface. I am trying to decide what to do so we can write on it. My current ideas:

1) glass cut to size of tabletop - problem is we plan to move soon and it could break.

2) plexiglass cut to size - may slide around since it isn't heavy?

3) just get a placemat for DS that is smooth plastic to write on.

Opinions or suggestions?

We have the same situation with our table. I like to keep a tablecloth on it, but that's not a good writing surface, either.

What I do is just use several sheets of loose-leaf or scrap paper for my kids to put under their paper. It works pretty well.

I highly recommend using thick clear plastic to cover the table, or a tablecloth. You can buy it at Walmart or crafts/fabric stores. Get the thickest they have, and you won't even know there are groves in the table underneath it. :) It's cheap and easy to use. Just measure your table ahead of time so you know how long of a piece you need.