Menu

can someone help me translate a phrase into latin?

I am trying to come up with a name idea for our homeschool, and I want it to mean something like "Grateful Life" or "grateful spirit" or something along those lines. But since we are just starting latin this year, I don't know how to make a phrase out of the words. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks so much!

I am trying to come up with a name idea for our homeschool, and I want it to mean something like "Grateful Life" or "grateful spirit" or something along those lines. But since we are just starting latin this year, I don't know how to make a phrase out of the words. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks so much!

memor vita = grateful life

memor phasmatis = grateful spirit (but the spirit means like a phantasm/ghost. I'm not sure how to find the word that means the kind of spirit I think you mean!)

Choices: Vivemus gratulanter = we live gratefully; Vivere gratulanter would be "to live gratefully." Grateful spirits = Animae gratae.

gratulanter ADV [FXXEV]

with grateful/thankful heart/soul;

studium, studi(i) N (2nd) N 2 4 N [XXXAX]

eagerness, enthusiasm, zeal, spirit; devotion, pursuit, study;

anima, animae N (1st) F 1 1 F [XXXAO]

soul, spirit, vital principle; life; breathing; wind, breeze; air (element);

cor, cordis N (3rd) N 3 2 N [XXXAO]

heart; mind/soul/spirit; intellect/judgment; sweetheart; souls/persons (pl.);

Edited by Caitilin

wow, thanks! Maybe I will have to tweak my idea....my goal is to have a phrase that starts with G, and I saw that the word "Gratia" means gratitude/grateful, so I thought it could work. Our last name is Gonzalez, and we have already kind of adopted the They Might be Giants song "Go for G", so I thought if we could get a school name that also started with G, it would correlate well. So, can you think of any good phrases that might work?

i am obviously in over my head on this one. :001_huh: