Menu

Where can I buy the new edition of Singapore's Challenging Word Problems?

crazyforlatin

Rainbow Resource is closed for the day, so I can't ask them whether they carry the new edition of level 1. From what I can tell from their website, they only have the older edition. Singaporemath.com has it of course but shipping is close to $9.00. So, is there a huge difference between the older edition and the new edition? Is there another place to buy the new edition with lower shipping cost? Would we be missing much with just an older edition?

Rainbow seems to carry CWP level 2, new edition. I was really hoping to buy it from Rainbow since I'm almost at the $150 amount for free shipping.

So, is there a huge difference between the older edition and the new edition?
For Level 1, yes. Here's what Jenny had to say on the Singapore Boards:

There are a few differences between the old and new. For example, with level 1:

Topics 3, 6, 7, 8 and 13 on position in line, patterns, length, weight, and time are not in old version.

The addition and subtraction topics after topic 4 all have 2-step problems in challenge section. Old level 1 did not have 2-step problems.

They carry first three new versions. Here's the first one. I believe there is free shipping code around for purchase of $35 and up.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=855299&item_code=WW&netp_id=830389&event=ESRCN&view=details

retailmenot posted a free shipping code a while ago. Seems people claimed to still be able to use it today: 313114TS.

Edit:

Just noticed that the ship date is 8/30.

For Level 1, yes. Here's what Jenny had to say on the Singapore Boards:

There are a few differences between the old and new. For example, with level 1:

Topics 3, 6, 7, 8 and 13 on position in line, patterns, length, weight, and time are not in old version.

The addition and subtraction topics after topic 4 all have 2-step problems in challenge section. Old level 1 did not have 2-step problems.

Thank you, I appreciate it. If I make a decision on CWP, I would like the newer edition.

They carry first three new versions. Here's the first one. I believe there is free shipping code around for purchase of $35 and up.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=855299&item_code=WW&netp_id=830389&event=ESRCN&view=details

retailmenot posted a free shipping code a while ago. Seems people claimed to still be able to use it today: 313114TS.

Edit:

Just noticed that the ship date is 8/30.

It does work, thank you! I haven't ordered anything yet, but I went all the way to the final step and saw that standard shipping is free. There are other things I've been wanting to order, so this coupon code will save me some $.