Menu

Alaskan Cruise?

DH&I will be married 30 yrs next June and we want to take an Alaskan Cruise. We are looking at the Coral Princess Mini suite class. Does anyone have any experience with this cruise line or destination? Experiences on other cruise lines are also welcomed. We willnot be bringing the children:-)

Karen

We went on the Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas the past May. We did the 11 day cruisetour. It was the most perfect vacation ever. The Radiance is a beautiful ship. There is glass everywhere including the elevators. We could always find a place to view the beautiful scenery. We flew to Seattle for a few days then rented a car and drove to Vancouver. We departed from Vancouver and ended our cruisetour in Fairbanks. The food was very good. We had great excursions-Mendenhall glacier and whale watching in Juneau, a small private tour in Ketchican and then sightseeing on our own, the railroad in Skagway, and a sled dog show in Anchorage. For our landtour we visited Anchorage, Talkeetna, Denali National Park, and Fairbanks.

We love Princess! We have also done the Alaska cruise. In fact, it was the very first cruise we took (way back in 2001). We have since cruised over 30 times.

Princess is an excellent line. Our other top two are Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. You can't go wrong with any of those lines.

Due to the fact that we don't spend much time in our cabin, we almost always get an inside cabin. However, the scenery on an Alaskan cruise would make it well worth your money to have an outside cabin. Just make sure it is not one with an obstructed view.

Visit cruisecritic.com for lots of information on ships and ports of call.

Princess is a good line to sail w/. I might be biased though b/c I used to work for them. ;) I have sailed w/them multiple times - 2x to Alaska. It's my favorite destination. It's gorgeous up there and the air feels cleaner. We've seen whales (a mom and a calf humpback breached near our ship once) and brown bears from the ship.

Princess isn't going to have all of the crazy add-ons like water slides, rock climbing walls, etc...so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere. The Coral is one of their smaller ships. I prefer the smaller ones, but that's just me. They feel a bit more personal and intimate.

I agree that Cruise Critic is a great place to go for info. You will get a lot of opinions and advice.