Menu

war of the worlds/Time machine

I liked Time Machine better, probably just because I like time-travel stories better. :D Of course it was curious that in the War of the Worlds, the aliens only invaded England, not, you know, the whole rest of the world. Hmm. Maybe that's why I liked the Time Machine better, because it didn't bug me that the title was "War of the WORLDS" but only England saw those pesky aliens.

I liked Time Machine better, probably just because I like time-travel stories better. ...

... But, like a PP, I really like time travel stories.

A rabbit trail here as I'm another who loves time travel stories. Please share your favorites.

Regards,

Kareni

well, I like Connie Willis' books:001_smile:

Which is your favorite of hers? (I've tried several times to read To Say Nothing of the Dog but have never gotten too far before stopping.) And were you aware that she has a new book out? Blackout

Some of my favorite time travel books have been Time and Again by Jack Finney and its sequel From Time to Time as well as Replay by Ken Grimwood. I also enjoyed the young adult book Jumper by Steven Gould and Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer.

Regards,

Kareni

I liked Doomsday and To Say Nothing (I thought it was hilarious, but then again, I read it on 30 hour plane trip, so maybe I was delirious:001_smile::001_smile:)

My sil loved the Outlander (or something like that) books, but they were toooooo racy for me

I liked "Gone" google it. Great book.

I found a couple of books by that title, LessThanThree. Is it the one by Michael Grant? or the one by Julie Elizabeth Powell?

Thanks, SusanAR. I'm going on a plane trip soon; I may have to try To Say Nothing of the Dog again.

Regards,

Kareni