Menu

Forensic Science 10 weeks On-line

Karis

Would anyone here be interested in a Forensic Science Class? 10 weeks - on-line grades 7th and 8th.

I need a group of at least 10 for the instructor to facilitate.

If not for the Fall - how about the Spring?

The cost is $375 plus the cost of the text.

Classes begin in January.

I believe you receive (purchase) a lab kit.

The text looks good. It's Forensic Science: Fundamentals and Investigations (I think??) by Bertino

The facilitator is a CTY instructor.

Here's a link to the site:

www.k12lessonplans.com/forensicscience4U

Not sure about credits but transcripts are available. It's geared toward 7th and 8th graders.

Edited by Karis
typo

That is really way too expensive for something like that IMO. The text is around $100 on Amazon too.

I am just finishing up teaching forensics using Duke Univ. Tip - Forensics Clues In Crime and it is really good and a lot less $$$. It is only $75.

The TIP Forensics course is at : http://www.tip.duke.edu/independent_learning/cdrom_courses/clues_in_crime.html

I supplemented with forensics shows, interactives on the pc and mystery night at the library. There are lots of great resources out there that make teaching this easy and fun.

I am just finishing up teaching forensics using Duke Univ. Tip - Forensics Clues In Crime and it is really good and a lot less $$$. It is only $75.

The TIP Forensics course is at : http://www.tip.duke.edu/independent_learning/cdrom_courses/clues_in_crime.html

I supplemented with forensics shows, interactives on the pc and mystery night at the library. There are lots of great resources out there that make teaching this easy and fun.

Would you be willing to share some of your resources? Which shows, games, and books would you recommend?

I am thinking about this program for next year.

Thanks!