Menu

Wedding guest attire?

My cousin's wedding is next weekend, and I've yet to figure out what we're all wearing. It will be hot, and I have no idea whether it's indoors or outdoors or both. There is no official "dress code" mentioned. It is at a country club.

The girls are pretty easy. They'll each pick out a pretty little dress, and I have to check to see which white sandals fit, and which may need to be replaced.

I'm going to be a nightmare, but only b/c I hate shopping for myself, especially while pregnant.

But what about the boys?

I'm figuring beige slacks and white button downs? Do I try to force the 12yo into a tie? What do I put on their feet?

I thought boys were supposed to be easy to dress. :tongue_smilie:

And I just found out that dh may be away while I need to do all of this shopping AND get 4 hair cuts, including my own! :glare:

We just went to a wedding on July 17th, where the ceremony was outside and the reception was inside. It was very hot, so I dressed the boys in nice khaki shorts and nice polo shirts. They wore socks and dressier looking sneakers. The wedding was not casual, but the boys were fine. I wore a skirt and blouse, dh wore dress slacks and a short sleeve button down shirt with a tie. Most people were dressed similarly due to the heat.

I think you dress plans sound perfect for your children. For boy's dress shoes the thrift shoes or second hand clothing stores usually have a great selection. With the holiday season coming up they might get more than one wearing out of them too.

Do you have any friends that would cut your boys hair for you? When my boys were young I cut their hair, (while they watched TV) with Wahl clippers. The four blade for the sides and 8 blades on top. So easy.

Have fun at the wedding!

A wedding invitation should never mention a "dress code."

Wedding attire has to do with the time of day as well as the location. A daytime wedding at a country club is less formal than an evening wedding in a church, although both are certainly more formal than a backyard cook-out, which is the way that many people dress for weddings nowadays!

Your plans sound fine to me (and it's never wrong to require a young man to wear a tie, IMHO). :-)

Do you have any friends that would cut your boys hair for you? When my boys were young I cut their hair, (while they watched TV) with Wahl clippers. The four blade for the sides and 8 blades on top. So easy.

My oldest gets cut by his stepmom. I'm sure she'd be happy to do the rest of us, but I'm not the biggest fan of her work. ;)

I think I've managed to rope my aunt and grandmother into going shopping with us, so I may actually get to visit the consignment shop! (It's too crazy in there for me to look at the merchandise AND manage the younger two kids alone.)

Dh just packed up to leave for flooding in the DC area :glare:. My sister will be here at the end of next week, so I may wait until the last minute and guilt her into watching the kids while I shop for myself and get my own hair cut ALONE! (I watched her then-newborn while she ran around for a wedding last year. :))