Menu

SCM Scripture memory box

ScoutTN

i prefer the notebook suggested on this forum. We do memory of longer pieces so this works better for us. I type them up, print 4 copies for the kids, insert them in a page protector if we will work on it for long, and in it goes into each kid's notebook.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2uLJHGaFdQ9OGRhNTBhNmItNWVlMS00YTE4LTk5OTktOTNiMTI1MTQ1OGMw&hl=en Mnemosyne memory work system.

i prefer the notebook suggested on this forum. We do memory of longer pieces so this works better for us. I type them up, print 4 copies for the kids, insert them in a page protector if we will work on it for long, and in it goes into each kid's notebook.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2uLJHGaFdQ9OGRhNTBhNmItNWVlMS00YTE4LTk5OTktOTNiMTI1MTQ1OGMw&hl=en Mnemosyne memory work system.

Okay, this is the same structure, only in a full page format, right?

Do you use it for all kinds of memory work?

I am thinking of it just for Bible right now. The cards would be easier, but smaller for reading - long passages would be harder, as you mentioned.

We are using both a notebook and the SCM box. The organization of the box is GREAT but it is tricky with longer passages. Some memory work we use require full pages (especially with the youngers who like the graphics and larger fonts for review) so a notebook is better. I went back and forth on this . . . box or notebook . . . box or notebook . . . aghhhh. So, for now, we are using both. :001_smile:

Yes, we have been using this system for over a year and we all LOVE it. We usually pull the box out at lunch time and spend anywhere from 15-20 minutes working and reviewing. We do Scriptures of all different lengths - from one verse to whole chapters. For the longer Scriptures, I break them up into reasonable chunks - say, 8-10 verses per card. We memorized a ton of Scripture this way last year. I really appreciate that we can do it all together, regardless of age. I should mention, too, that we do it all orally. I chant a section, they chant back. I chant a verse, they chant back. we do it all aurally.

I highly recommend it.

Edited by Nancy in SoCal