Menu

How to incorporate CLEP study on transcript?

To those of you who have been there, done that: how did you include CLEP test preparation (and credit) on your child's transcript?

Not only has my D studied the CLEP test guides, she has also used current college textbooks.

She studied and gained CLEP (college credit) for SOC1000 (Intro to Sociology), PSY1000 (Intro to Psych) and ENC101 English Composition.

Thanks!

Not done yet, but the plan is to note the course

*World History I Honors

Then I have a key section that would show

*Denotes course final of CLEP, see attached scores.

If their score is not as high as I would like, I will remove the Honors disignation, but leave the asterisk.

That's the plan anyways.

To those of you who have been there, done that: how did you include CLEP test preparation (and credit) on your child's transcript?

Not only has my D studied the CLEP test guides, she has also used current college textbooks.

She studied and gained CLEP (college credit) for SOC1000 (Intro to Sociology), PSY1000 (Intro to Psych) and ENC101 English Composition.

Thanks!

My ds is doing college at home and did many CLEPs in 11th and 12th grade. He also took 2 courses for dual credits with a local college. I gave him credit for the CLEPs comparable to the dual credits. They both receive college credit and high school credit. This amounts to the regular amount for credits in high school (1 for English, 1 for U.S. History, etc.) and then the appropriate credits are awarded with the college you go with for the college credit (usually 3 or 4 credits for that CLEP test).