Menu

CC Science memory cards

StephanieF

Are these a good general resource? Something fun to discuss around the dinner table? My dc love to play table games whilst we eat-I ask the questions and they get to answer so I thought that this could be used in the same way-stop them wandering off at the table too lol! Could also be a stepping stone for further research/discussion? http://www.classicalconversationsbooks.com/clacandfascc.html

Stephanie

I've seen these cards in person, and they are beautiful. Pre-laminated, too. I think they would be a good resource. If my budget had allowed, I would have purchased them. Hopefully someone else here has them to give you a better perspective.

The cards are brand new so not many people have used them yet. I bought the whole set at practicum this year. They look great and go with each week's science sentence. If you don't want to spend the money on all of them....you can just buy the set that goes with cycle 2 and then there is one on people....forget the specific name...but it is used every year. That would cut down on the cost. I'm looking forward to using them this year with my kids and as I tutor.

There is picture on the front of the card you would be showing to the dc. The question along with the answer is what you would be looking at on the back. Ex. What are the 5 kingdoms of living things? Then there is more information to explain the answer more. You could easily use them around the dinner table in this way. If you kept reviewing them your dc would memorize the answers to the questions easily. They are very nicely done.

The "other" set is famous scientist and they mesh into all of the sets in the area that they fit into. I hope that makes sense.