Menu

Wood working for really young ones

Papillon Mom

We also love the Home Depot projects. Lowe's projects are great too. They are all free and they even give them a free apron with their names written on them. They also get a little pin to put on their aprons for each project they complete. Home Depot's are on the first Saturday of each month. I can't remember when Lowes has theirs. I think theirs are twice a month.

Yes, there is a wonderful book named Woodshop for Kids by Jack McKee. I saw this on the forsmallhands.com website and checked it out from my library. We haven't done too much, but will do more when it is colder outside. My dd started doing supervised woodworking (hammering, helping put screws in) when she was only 2.5 years old.

I was going to suggest Home Depot and Lowe's, too. They both have the free workshops for kids, I think every other Saturday morning. It's free! They provide the supplies, tools, instructions and everything. They have someone on hand to help out if need be. The kids get a cute little apron with iron on patches for every workshop they participate in. My kids really enjoy those.