Menu

Does anyone have a rain barrel?

My ds is currently doing his 4-H presentation on a rain barrel. We went to Lowe's and bought all the pieces and it cost us $30. However, we just bought a plastic trash can because of cost and he will have to carry it around to do his presentation.

If you want, I can give you a list of what you need to build one yourself. I'm not sure if you are asking to build one yourself, so let me know if you want the list.

My ds is currently doing his 4-H presentation on a rain barrel. We went to Lowe's and bought all the pieces and it cost us $30. However, we just bought a plastic trash can because of cost and he will have to carry it around to do his presentation.

If you want, I can give you a list of what you need to build one yourself. I'm not sure if you are asking to build one yourself, so let me know if you want the list.

I am wanting to make a rain barrel and would love to see your list. My email is awanama@oswaltarmory.com I already have a barrel, just need to buy the rest.

Thanks so much!

I got a food grade plastic container from a local brewery.

Similarly, our town had a rain barrel workshop in which they used recycled pickle barrels. The point, I guess, is to think of an industry near one that uses some sort of plastic barrel.

Jane

My husband buys some sort of granular stuff from the feed store to keep mosquitoes out of the water. It is not supposed to be harmful to pets or humans. At this point we are watering flower beds with the rain barrels so I don't worry about it too much.

The wine barrels have lids and we attach ours to our downspouts so they are not wide open, but mosquitoes will find a way in.