Menu

Hypothetically, would you be willing to relocate cross-country if....

I would suggest that if you do end up moving, your best bet would be to set your mind to make the best of it. Attitude is everything here and your attitude could make or break your new life. I do hope your DH finds something in your area, but it is not the end of the world if he doesn't. People all over are out of work. You will have to see the cup as half full and be thankful he has a job. And above all, should you have to move for a job, please don't make your DH feel guilty. Do your best to encourage him and be positive.

:iagree:You have a choice here..... if the best career move for him is to move, or to be out of work for an extended time (very hard on a man's psyche, in addition to the $ issues), then move and CHOOSE to to make the BEST of it, and go in with the attitude that it WILL work because you choose to make it work.

It is such a tough situation. I believe that family is so important (my parents live right behind us), and given that all of your family & friends live so close, I couldn't imagine leaving. How does your dh feel about it? Does he think he could find something else without moving?

I would be willing to give up my house just to stay put. But, he needs a job, too.

I hope things work out for you.:grouphug:

Guest janainaz

If I had all of that, I'd never ever ever ever want to leave. I guess I'd be willing to give up whatever was necessary to keep a close and loving family,a and great friends around. I'm not sure what to say about dh if he really wanted to move. Unless I was in the situation myself, I just have no idea. I can't imagine my dh wanting to give up the things that matter most for a job.

I would do anything I could to stay in the area, if there was any way at all that my husband could find a job there. We're in a situation where we live near his parents (who I love dearly) and several members of my family have moved from out of state to be near us (I seem to have a weird ability to make people want to live in my area). I have two brothers renting a house right behind mine. My sister is a single mom, age 20, with a three year old. She just moved here last fall, and she needs me. I couldn't possibly leave her. I graduated a year ago in May and I might actually be able to find a job in another area, but it's not worth leaving. It's discouraging to me, all the work I put into getting my degree. But I won't move. Unless it's to another house in this area. :) I'm not too fond of my house.

That's essentially what we had to do last October. Dh had been unemployed for almost a year after having been laid off. We had our house that we had bought three years ago and loved. We both grew up in Baltimore and had always lived there. We have four children.

He was offered a good job in upstate New York, so we decided to pack up the kids, put the house on the market and move up here.