Menu

need Right Start help

kesmom

I purchased the Math Card Games from someone on another board a few months ago and set it aside until last night. Now I am wondering if my kit is incomplete. I don't have "dot strips" or "pattern cards" that some of the first games call for. These could be made easily enough though it would take a little time. But when I looked at the kit on the RS website they don't show these items either. I'm confused. Is there something totally obvious that I am missing here?

I also have the Activities for Abacus book that I got with this purchase. I looked through that last night also and just feel totally overwhelmed. Not much of it is making sense to me, especially in the Abacus book, and I am a fairly "mathy" person. How much of a learning curve am I looking at here? Maybe RS is just not suited to my teaching style? I will obviously give it more of a chance than just one evening of browsing the books, but I am feeling really discouraged. On the plus side, I only spent $25 trying this out and not $100+ on a whole package.