Menu

Anyone been to TN TECH in Cookeville, TN??

brendafromtenn

We are going college visiting again tomorrow! YEAH!

DS would be a math major with history minor OR the other way around...Just depends on the day.;) He is a rising Senior, scheduled to graduate May of 2011.

We have also toured.....(Listed in "his" favorite order)

#1Belhaven(Which is just a little "gem"....Thanks, Polly!)

#2Bryan

#3Union

#4Lambuth

#5Victory

#6Bethel

Tech will be our first state school. We hope to also tour Memphis and CBU, both in Memphis, when we get back home.(I hope that should be it!!!)

But any thoughts on Tech??? Anything we need to know before we go?? My dad used to pastor the 1st United Methodist church there in Cookeville, so I am familiar with the directions of how to get to the campus. But anything else?

Brenda:001_smile:

Not me, but a friend of mine is a grad. I can't remember her actual major, but she's a computer programmer (back when she was there, I think it fell under the Arts...). She has said for years that she would put her degree against those from bigger, more popular colleges any day and would love it if her kids went there.

Depending on my kids' interests, it's on my list of places to visit.

I'll be watching for your review! :D

My uncle is an engineer with a doctorate from TNTech and all of my family went there for college. When I have traveled out of the country I have been surprised that people have heard of it! It is rated one of the best schools and Cookeville was in the top 10 (nationwide) a couple of years ago for quality of life and cost of living.

Cookeville!

My dad pastored all over the middle TN area and Cookeville was my FAVORITE place to live. The schools were great at the time, much due to the influence of Tech. The neighborhoods were beautiful. The people were down to earth and friendly.

We just loved it there.

It was a sweet, sweet time.

Brenda

We will be speaking with someone from the math dept and the honors dept along with touring the campus.

I will let you gys know what we think. It will be Monday or Tuesday before I can get back online.

It is a little bigger school than the other schools my DS has looked at, but thought if he got plugged in with the honors program or another group on campus, then it might not seem so big.

Brenda